Your lawyer for IT law in Aachen
Our in-depth knowledge of IT processes and software development help us advise you on all aspects of IT and data protection law.
We advise service providers and clients strategically on the planning and structuring of IT projects. In particular, the mapping of agile working methods and scrum processes in the project contract can provide the participants with security, prevent problems and thus increase the efficiency of the product development.
Often there is also uncertainty about the use and / or the integration of open source software in its own products. We would be pleased to advise you on the safe handling of open source licenses and the answering of difficult delimitation questions.
Data Protection & Compliance
IIn the digital age of as-a-service offerings, outsourcing and platform-based business models, data protection is becoming more and more important. It was only in 2016 that the EU adopted the new Basic Data Protection Act, which concretises and partially strengthens regulations and legal sequences. It is not only a matter of reducing liability risks for the management, but also of significantly reducing the fines imposed by the supervisory authorities or preventing them from being warned by competitors.
The challenge is to balance your interests in data processing with the right to self-determination of the data subject. This includes, in particular, the purpose of data processing as detailed, transparent and comprehensible as possible. Another instrument is the anonymisation of data, since these are thus deprived of the scope of the data protection law. In general, there is much that is also possible in the European legal framework, provided the right design is in place.
Finally, we assist our clients in the development and implementation of business ideas to incorporate the data protection implications into the overall concept and advise strategically in the (further) development of the business model. This ensures privacy compliance at an early stage (privacy by design).
Apps & Mobile Devices
We advise you on the legal design and testing of online offerings mobile apps, especially with regard to provider identification obligations, image rights, data protection, information requirements and consumer protection. What is particularly challenging in this context is the legal design of triangular conditions, e.g. Platform solutions.
- Legal advice on the development and operation of apps
- Usage guidelines for BYOD (bring your own device) in the company
- Usage guidelines for the use of company-owned equipment
- Smart TV and data protection
We support you in all projects in which personal data are processed.
The challenge is to balance your interests in data processing with
the right to self-determination of the data subject. This includes, in particular, the purpose of data processing as detailed, transparent and comprehensible as possible.
Finally, we recommend that the data protection law implications be included in the overall concept (privacy by design) as early as the development and implementation of business ideas.
We advise you, among others, at:
- Order processing
- Big Data and Privacy Protection
- Employment Data Protection - Data Protection in Employment
- Relations Data Protection Strategy and Process Consulting (Privacy by Design)
- Data protection for businesses, apps, and the web (Portals, social media, web shops)
- Data protection training for employees and internal data protection officers
- EU standard contract clauses and third country transfers
- Communication with supervisory authorities
- International law on data protection
- Support for information and information requests
- Support for data protection incidents (e.g., hacks, leaks)
- As an external data protection officer
- Corporate policies (Code of Conduct, Social Media Guidelines)
- Video monitoring
- Legal consulting for IT and software projects
- Cloud computing and outsourcing
- Service and work contracts (e.g. domain, hosting, web design)
- Software creation agreements (including agile programming, open source)
- Software maintenance
- Software licensing agreements